Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Rivers of Grace

I need to tell you that it's been quite a winter. Some really wonderful days, and some that were less than I had hoped. What I continue to learn is that God's grace sustains me in them all.

The past few years have been a time in which God, in His grace, continues to reveal to me the depths of His grace. When that old, uneducated, fisherman sat down under the influence of the Holy Spirit and began to describe his friend, Master and Savior, he penned some of the most beautiful words ever written. Among them were these:

For of His fullness we have all received, and grace upon grace. For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ. John 1: 16-17

Now, I'm not saying that I understand completely what John meant by the words "grace upon grace," and I'm equally sure that I can't begin to explain them. But I do know that I've experienced them. And, I do know that the grace I understood when I first came to Christ has exploded from a miniscule little tidbit, to a mountain of His undeserved favor toward me. When I peal back the grace that saved me, I find another layer of grace that went before that. When I peal a little more away I find…..you guessed it….more grace. It is truly layer after layer of grace. Grace upon grace.

It has led me to study the lives and theology of the reformers, and I have become a firm believer in Reformation Theology. It's a theology that turned the world upside down in Luther's time, and it's a theology that will turn the Christian world upside down again. The church needs it, and God will bring the revelation, once again, in his time.

Pray for Jacquie and me. We're hoping to develop a ministry we have incorporated…."Rivers of Grace Ministries." We're not completely sure what the Lord would have us do with it, but we're ready to go.

Plan to write more later. Praise the Lord for His mercy. Praise the Lord for His grace.

If Jacquie and I can ever pray for you….whether we know you or not….let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment